Current State of Art:
Diagnosis of psychological health and the prediction of negative events, such as suicide, or their ideation are limited by:
- A lack of broad societal attention to problem & clearly defined signals for interventions.
- A lack of real time, near real time reaction capability to large volumes of data.
Broader coverage of suicide risk detection and better understanding of the expression of suicide ideation through data mining of text and images.
Continuous monitoring of social network user behavioral intent enabling intervention, facilitated by social/online/mobile data sources.
- ‘Behavioral Risk’ clinical dashboard POC (June 2012)
- Mobile Opt In Framework POC (June 2012)
- IRB Approval for VA Study (Dec 2012)
- VA data set analyzed, with predictive models built that have initial accuracies of between 60 – 65% with Features (keywords) extracted, in line with medical literature (Jan 2013)
- Scaling efforts/outreach with Facebook (Mar 2013)
- Outreach to Active Duty and Veteran Populations for Data Collection efforts
- ‘Narrative of Suicide’ Research
- Intervention Protocols Research